Community Names Football Club After Gyt, Enthused Socialite Speaks

 


It would seem the good works of popular Nigerian Socialite, Gospel Young Tiko alias Gyt did not start outside his community - he began from his roots. In a post on social media, the high-powered youth announced that his paternal town's soccer club just named its team after him, Pokovirtuousblog can confirm.


In a post on his social media handle in the wee hours of today, the father of one expressed gratitude to his community  footballers for naming their football club after him, Gyt, adding that he just can't imagine it.


"Thanks to my hometown (Olugbobiri) for the honour. Imagine the football team in my community naming their football club (Gyt) to honour me"


Speaking with Pokovirtuousblog on why the youths of his community choosed to name their soccer club after him, the celebrated businessman stated that it is not unconnected with his unflinching support toward them.


"The reason is that they are very proud of me, and you know despite the little I have, I've been assisting them. They keep saying I know what they like; that I seem to respond quickly".


Speaking further, the Olugbobiri native stated that although he has only little, he makes it a point to look at what they need and offer assistance - to the youthful population - leaving them to wonder why other influential figures from the town aren't giving them attention like the dude. He concluded by saying they felt obligated to honour him, hence their naming the soccer club after him.


"You know the youths did that because I've been very good to them. Where am from, there are so many 'big men' - more wealthy than I am, but they hardly pay attention to the youths. But in my little way, I've been offering assistance to them, hence they are very proud of me, and they are happy with me too.


"Filled with so much gratitude, they choose to name their soccer club after me, in a bid to honour me for what I've been doing all these years".

Comments