'We Freestyled Every Evening So It Became Fun' - AFRO JC Reminisces



It would be recalled that Nigerian Singer,  Ebiegberi Gabriel better known as AFRO JC in an exclusive interview with Pokovirtuousblog last Tuesday talked about his high school days - what you probably didn't read was how he honed his music skills during those days.


Speaking with our reporter yesterday on how he started out in his music career, the A-lister revealed that his days in Bishop Dimieri Grammar School, Amarata, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State played a great role in becoming the stellar artiste he has become today - as he often held freestyle session with friends, music lovers and aspiring artistes alike.


"During my last days of my secondary school I started hanging out with friends who love singing - I was in brigade back in my primary, i use to be a drummer sinel drop player.


"So i just make beat hitting the desk with my hand the boys will then start freestyling though I don’t usually sing, but i was always with the boys prolly encouraging them till when i get home.


"My bro Milli and some other friends were also freestylers they’ll just play an instrumental on the soundbox and start rapping by then i’ll be at the corner prolly piling up 3 or 4 lines to just rap and rest most often we freestyled every evening so it kinda became fun to me - I started loving it"


Pokovirtuousblog learnt that AFRO JC, 23, is one artiste many hold in high esteem in his home state [Bayelsa] on account of his lyrical prowess - for JC it's all about inspiring people - using his musical pieces as a tool for social change and upliftment. The Brass native has released several songs: 'Bere'; 'Companion'; 'Pressure' among others.

Comments