School Days: AFRO JC Speaks On Recurring Thug Oppression, Reveals How BDGS Saved Him

 • Famous Bayelsan Singer, AFRO JC speaks with Pokovirtuousblog about his high school days.


• Recounts how he was oppressed, but saved by students.



Life comes differently to different people; to a child born with silver spoon, I trust you know he wouldn't experience what a person born into poverty would go through, right? Budding Nigerian Afropop Singer, Ebiegberi Gabriel better known as AFRO JC sure got some experiences he has to share, even as he enrolled into secondary school. In a chat with Pokovirtuousblog, the artiste talks about what he encountered from his Primary school, St. Barnabas in 2011 to his high school days in 2019 at Bishop Dimieri Grammar School (BDGS) located at Ovom, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.


Yesterday, Fast-rising Nigerian Afropop Singer, AFRO JC was cornered by our reporter in a bid to know more about his experiences during high school - given his calm temperament, there have been argument among fans (who barely know him) that he looks very much like someone that could be easily oppressed.


Speaking with Pokovirtuousblog yesterday in a Facebook chat about his nursery, primary to secondary (not yet in university) days journey, the 23-year-old dark-skinned singer revealed that he started his nusery school in the year 2000, and finished his secondary school in 2019 at Bishop Dimieri Grammar School, Amarata, Yenagoa, Bayelsa State.


On his experience at St. Barnabas School, the singer recounts how his Primary 6 teacher treated him rather harshly, but his attitude towards him would later prove useful in his life - each time he reminisce about it, he just can't help but express gratefulness over it. Pokovirtuousblog can confirm this statement.


"In my primary school days I had this teacher that was my neighbor, he used to teach Maths and English. I was so clear with them like like I usually relate with them more.


"Back in those days, I thought he hated me on account of how he used to discipline me - but now I know better - I am especially grateful to him because he ensured I participated in school activities".


The Brass native who is currently an A-lister in his home state has since learnt the importance of diligence, and the need to be useful to one's self. Online search by our reporter reveals that when he isn't sharing motivational pieces from inspirational figures, you'll find him sharing his - but after his primary school, going to Bishop Dimieri school, after having left St. Barnabas at JSS3, he would learn more vital lessons from students - that would play a viral role towards his success. Although he was always oppressed by thugs elsewhere - hence had fear, classmates in BDGS helped him dispel it so that he is now very bold.


"Secondary school really played a big role on the man I've become today, cuz I had to learn from others & make my own decisions. When I was growing up I was more like a 'non-troublesome' person so thugs around kinda oppress me, but when I attended BDGS I started chilling with different fams who made me understand that fear was just an illusion. Am most grateful anyway - I got friends that are still here with me in my life's journey". 



Checks by our Pokovirtuousblog reveals that the Inspirational Artiste released an 8-track EP entitled 'Positive Vibration' in August 2020. The extended play which has been streamed tens of thousands times on several music streaming platforms has been enjoying radio airplay in his home state [Bayelsa] as well.

Comments