Life Of A Soldier | Poem | Raymond Reigns

Raymond Reigns writes about the end of soldiers who dedicate the whole of their life for the security of their country.

In the heart-rending piece, he pictures two men who left home at 18 - one becoming a successful civilian in the business sphere, enjoying life with his family - but the other missing his family and finally dies in the battle-field.

The sacrifices that soldiers make for their beloved country cannot be over-emphacized - they give up their comfort for the convenience of the citizenry.

In this masterpiece, Raymond Reigns captures it better.


" We both left home at 18
you cleared Jamb
I got recommended.

You got university,
I got NDA.

You pursued your degree,
I had the toughest training.

Your day started at 7 and ended at 5,
Mine started at 4 till 9 and,
Some night also included.

You had your convocation ceremony,
I had my POP.

Best company took you and
best package was awarded,
I was ordered to join my platoon
With two stars piped on my shoulders.

You got a job
I got a way of life.
Every eve you got to see your family,
I just wished I got to see my parents soon.

You celebrated festivals with lights and music,
I celebrated with my comrade on bunkers.

We both married,
Your wife got to see you everyday,
My wife just wished I was alive 

You were sent to business trips,
I was sent on line of control.
We both returned,
Both wives couldn't control their tears, but

You wiped her but,
I couldn't because I was lying in the coffin,
With medals on my chest and
Coffin wrapped with tricolor
My way of life ended,
Yours continued
We both left home at 18.

Raymond Reigns dedicate this poem to every soldier and uniform person out there, we don’t understand what you do and the sacrifices you make, but know that we are eternally grateful.

Comments

Post a Comment