Church Bully: More Epic Clapbacks As Pastor Embarrasses Popular TV Host, Denrele Edun During Sunday Service
The multi-award winning Television Personality had narrated how he was embarrassed in a church, just as a number of celebrities shared their thoughts, Pokovirtuousblog has shown.
Tuesday, January 25, 2022, popular Nigerian TV Host, Adenrele Oluwafemi Edun, professionally known as Denrele Edun, took to his verified Instagram handle to narrate how he was ill-treated in a thanksgiving service at a church, stating that the pastor was quick to cast aspersions at him.
"CHURCH BULLY:
I’d say that “Church Bullies”, or those who “judge” & look down upon others for sin, are only trying to cover up their own brokenness & impurity.
"One Sunday, I visited a New Generational Church to celebrate the Thanksgiving of an Industry friend who had gotten married on an exotic island in Asia.
I was invited to the Wedding (but Omo, the trip was expensive so I excused myself nicely) & decided I’l rejoice with them once they hit Naija soil.
"I was onset but left to meet up with the 9a.m Service.
I had Deep Purple/Blue Hair, but thought, “I’m going to the Lord’s House, my hair colour doesn’t matter!”.
So off I went.
"First ghen ghen, I was stopped at the Entrance by the Ushers who looked at me suspiciously & then quizzed,
“What are u doing here?”
“Where are u going to?”
“What’s ur Mission?”.
"Before I could respond, the Head Usher or so stepped out & saw me.
“Ah! Denrele. Happy Sunday.
What brings u to our Church?”.
"I told him.
He looked at the other Ushers & asked if they knew who I was.
They hissed & looked away.
“Come in”, he said nicely.
“U’re welcome. First timer?”, he asked.
I nodded whilst glancing surreptitiously at the other Ushers.
Na Church we Dey o!
"Walking in, I was directed to the front.
Moment I stepped in, The Pastor sighted me & started preaching about “Homosexuality and how Male members in the Congregation hit on other Male Pastors & himself.”
AH!
"As if on cue, nearly everyone turned & saw me at the doorway.
I was torn btw leaving or walking in.
I mean, I was not the only Sinner in the room. I was not even the worst. I was going to be the scapegoat of the service sha! 🤣
“Eweeeë”, I laughed to myself & sauntered in majestically.
Right to the front.
Full glare of the Pulpit.
"There was a lull in the room but I could care less.
GOD knows my heart jare!
Thanksgiving time; I danced right up & celebrated wit my people.
Everyone was STARIN!
"Service over;
Everyone had something to say to me about my Sinful nature, hair colour & even my future sins!
I took it all in good stride.
"The only way to destroy a Culture of Judgement is to stop telling people “You need JESUS” before u first admit “I need JESUS”.
Met a Church bully?"
In reaction to his post, a ton of Nigerian celebrities took to the comments to share their thoughts. From Nollywood Actress, Moyo Lawal to Crossdresser, James Brown, here's an excerpt.
Esther_biade, 'The story is everything and your write up is exquisite'; Sellygalley, 'You bring life to my gram!'; Chachaekefaani, 'With confidence level like yours...who gives a bloody damn?!'; Adaezeeluke, 'Focus'; Wf_jamesbrown, 'I love this', among others.
Source: https://pokovirtuousblog.com.ng/
Comments
Post a Comment