Esjaytheblessjay: The Port Harcourt-based Artiste Rapper M.I Abaga Unknowingly Inspired

 


I have always held the view that the South South region of Nigeria is blessed - they have a wealth of talented artistes. If you are one of those folks who think breakout star, Omah Lay is the only young and talented artiste from Port Harcourt, I bet you're way off base! 


There is an Hip-hop Artiste popularly known as Esjaytheblessjay whose music prowess is very much admired by music lovers in the city, Pokovirtuousblog's investigation has shown.


Samuel Lawson professionally known as Esjaytheblessjay, 21, a native of Buguma in Port Harcourt is one amazingly talented Singer whose music skills is fast making him an household name in his home state [Port Harcourt]. The independent artiste who got inspired to start recording music owing to his brother's obsession listening to M.I Abaga's songs, told our reporter that the experience made him who he is known for today.


"I was inspired to do music by my brother Bobby as he's fondly called. At some point he was also doing music in he's secondary school but not officially, so he used to play rap music all the time. He played alot of MI Abaga songs then - that's where my love for MI Abaga and the entire Chocolate City started from.


"He played alot of MI, Jesse Jagz and alot of music released from Chocolate City, I would listen and sometimes join him to recite lyrics of Rap songs. Later on I began reciting other people's songs, and that's how I started writing my own songs".


The Afrobeat Singer who has been very interested in everything music since his preteen days, started recording songs for public consumption last year. By dint of determination, and a burning desire to see lives transformed, an ambitious Jay have since dropped a number of songs including 'Drift #EndSARS'; and 'Full Speed' ft. Vibe Tyson.


Speaking with Pokovirtuousblog about the lessons he's learning in his musical journey (as an independent artiste), the chocolate-skinned Singer reveals that humility is an important recipe for success.


"As an independent Artist, I've learnt quite alot in my music career: I've understood that you need help from other people to get ahead in life; I've learnt that you can't possibly do it on your own; I've learnt humility; I've learnt to be humble at all times; I've alot learnt to help people, especially young Artists.  these explains why I created an Establishment called Milkytunes to help Artists achieve their music and business goals"


Checks by Pokovirtuousblog reveals that Hip-hop Artiste, Jay might not be a signee in Chocolate City; lack the opportunity to meet his mentor, Jude Abaga professionally known as M.I Abaga in person, but listening to his songs has made him an OG in his state [Port Harcourt], and admired by many music lovers.

Comments