Tammy Sharp: Sweet Stories From A Young Artiste Who Raps Like The OGs

 


I trust you know that music serves a vital purpose in life, do you? A good musical piece does provide inspiration/motivation to not only pursue one's goal, but also to become a better person. In view of this, there's a budding ariste in Nigeria whose talent in making good songs is nothing short of amazing. The young man is called Tammy Sharp.


Okoro Tubor-Tamuno Egbe better known as Tammy Sharp might not be among the artistes you see in billboards on the streets of Lagos; attract over 2 million views on YouTube within 24 hours, but his amazing rap skills is fast endearing him to many music lovers, even as they beseech him to intensify efforts in promoting his unmatched talent, Pokovirtuousblog's investigation has shown.


Born in April 7, 2000, the hip-hop artiste who is the 2nd born of 4 children (number of siblings as at July 2021) developed a passion for music in his preteen days. The light-skinned singer who told our reporter that it all started at a barbing salon he frequents at the time, reveals he did listen to the rap songs of Ludacris, Game, 50 Cent etc - thereby telling himself he'd like to be like them too.


"I had this love for music (especially rap)  as a little boy going to a barber's shop and hearing rap songs by Ludacris, Dmx, Game and 50 Cent - I wanted to rap like them".


Following his record label deal with Dah Crystal Entertainment, 2016, the creative has grown to become like the rap OGs he admires in his early teenage days, as he continues to drop good musical pieces: 'Dah One Day' 2018; 'I Can't Breathe' 2020; 'A Long Way Coming' ft Koko Icon, 2020; and 'Las Las' 2021. For Sharp, a native of Egbemo-Angalabiri, Ekeremor Local Government Area, Bayelsa State, he does enjoy unlimited assistance from his family (no matter how little it is); makes it a point to get better each day; and looks up to God not forgetting to heed the counsels of his role models.


"My greatest strength has been my family especially my mom - to desire to give them a better life has been keeping the fire burning


"I have trained myself over the years to dedicate 1 hour at least everyday to music - so as to become a better artiste. God has been my helper, plus I always listen to my role models".


Although the student of Geology and Mining Technology, University of Port Harcourt might not have clinched an award, the ambitious artiste believes he'll become an household name in the music industry soonest - having known the vital role God plays in the pursuit of success, plus the need to believe in one's self and stay consistent.


"I see myself on the big screen globally 5 years from now, and on rap lovers' list of top 5 lyricist. To achieve this, I've always known that I need God, faith and consistency".


Given that he's from Bayelsa State (and Pokovirtuousblog is aware that many artistes over there yearn to shoot to stardom, but find it especially difficult), our reporter asked him to share his thoughts on what he thinks could be responsible, and his advice to them - he replied rather succinctly.


"In my opinion, 'financial strait' is one factor. My advice is, we need to see ourselves as teammates rather than enemies in order to grow".


In the concluding part of the interview, an ambitious Sharp told Pokovirtuousblog that music lovers would do well to keep an eye out for his upcoming debut EP entitled 'From A Hustler Perspective'.

Comments