Tonflex: Stories From A Talented Artiste Determined To Shoot To Stardom



May I ask, each time you think about Niger Delta what pops up in your mind? Well, just so you know, I can't help but express satisfaction over the plethora of talented artistes I see each day in the region. From Delta to Port Harcourt, I bet the other 7 states in the area is blessed with talented youths - who are equally determined to shoot to stardom in the ever competitive Nigerian music industry - one such person poised to achieve his musical dreams is Tonflex.


In a chat with our reporter a few days ago, the singer reveals his plans, challenges in the industry, and how he looks forward to becoming a household name in no distant time.


The man, Joboy Tonathe Destiny better known as Tonflex, an Afro cum Dancehall singer hails from Owodokpokpo Community, Igbide Clan, Delta State. The Artiste who started doing music a few years ago, is very much passionate about his music career.


When asked by our interviewer about what inspired him to pick a career in music, plus what he looks forward to achieve in the industry, the singer who has 10 siblings replied:


"I play instruments in the church. I love making music, and it makes me happy.  The joy I derive doing it inspired me.


"I have great dreams and I'm pursuing it. I invest in my talent and listen to good music".


The independent artiste who looks forward to releasing an EP very soon, reveals he has done a handful of collaborations with promising singers like Jovin, Blackgeez and others - 'Domotimi' ft. Jovin; 'Eko' ft. Blackgeez; and his latest musical project, 'Obianuju' ft. Mr. X.


The young creative who is currently a student at Delta State Polytechnic, Ozoro, told our reporter that he has learnt a lot in his nascent career, adding that finance plays a vital role in becoming a success.


"I have learnt a lot in the industry. Finance is the key in the industry right now".


The chocolate-skinned artiste who has released several singles like 'Motor Love'; 'How E Go Be'; 'Overdose'; 'Jeje'; 'Omotoshun' among others, stated that the one advice he has for Bayelsa-based entertainers is that they should endeavor to create the right platform, and let love lead, adding that they'll do well to travel outside the shores of Bayelsa State too.


"They lack love and the right platform to showcase their talent. Please, Bayelsa artiste go out from the state and pursue your dreams, because your so-called brothers in the state won't give you a helping hand".


Speaking on what his fans should expect from him, the 24-year-old singer stated that he's working on a song entitled 'Giveaway' - he says his management is yet to choose a release date.

Comments