'I Love It When People Underestimate Me' - Nigerian Music Legend, Wizkid Reveals


• Multi-award winning Artiste, Wizkid goes live on Instagram with Tony Elumelu Foundation.


• Talked about the secret recipe of his success.



Three days ago, famed Nigerian Hip-hop star, Ayodeji Ibrahim Balogun better known as Wizkid had an Instagram live session with Tony Elumelu Foundation. The live session which lasted 16 minutes and forty-five seconds, saw the popular act talk about how he shot to stardom.


During the live session, the 'On Top Your Matter' crooner stated that in his musical journey he's learnt vital lessons that contribute immensely to his success - one of such lesson is never to take 'NO' for an answer. He also added that, he's so strong a workaholic that you wouldn't catch him idle for a second. 


Speaking further, the 'Brown Skin Girl' singer reveals that he likes it when people underestimate him, so that they'll be surprised when he accomplishes what they think he'd having difficulty achieving. He concluded the TEFliveseries by saying, although he started his record label, Starboy Entertainment in his living room, a lifestyle of being serious with his craft has helped him succeed. 



An excerpt of his speech on Wednesday, '...the tough lessons that have shaped me to be the entrepreneur I am today is never to take (no) for an answer. When I started, I was probably the youngest person making music in Nigeria. And everywhere I went, I was the youngest person in the room. I learnt not to accept ‘no’ for an answer and that has helped shape me into the man I am now...Some of the business tips I learnt is to be open-minded and I always keep my ears to the ground because one does not know where a good business idea could come from. I also try to take my time before I make decisions. I have learnt to be diligent with my work...'

Pokovirtuousblog gathered that the 'One Question' singer who was born in Lagos July 16, 1990 has not only released several albums; 'Superstar', 'Sounds From The Other Side', 'Made in Lagos' etc, but has won a plethora of awards; 'MOBO Awards', 'Billboard Awards', 'BET Awards' and many more. The father of three is the CEO of Starboy Entertainment.

Comments