Action: The Only Key To Success | Poko Virtuous


• Nigerian Media Personality cum Motivational Speaker, Poko Virtuous writes an inspirational piece.


• The motivational piece which offers insight on the need to take action so as to win at life, will sure make your 2021 a great one.




The article begins:


"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do" - German Writer, Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe


"You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Canadian Ice Hockey Player, Wayne Gretzky


I bet it bears repeating, 'Knowing is absolutely not enough...'. If you'd walk through your streets, am pretty sure you'll see so many folks who profess knowledge on various subjects, but sadly are a 'mega-failure'.


There's one thing they've been missing - and that is knowing reading isn't tangible; but action is - you can hold it - it does change things. Can't you see it? Say, you read that if you should use a clipper on your hair it would keep it good, but you wouldn't bring it close to it - you're still with the overgrown hair (hence people keep making fun of you). Although he knows it, has anything  changed in his life?


Sit back, read, act and watch yourself become the next celebrated figure!



          • The Power Of Action



"Success seems to be connected with action. Successful people keep moving. They make mistakes, but they don't quit" - American Businessman, Conrad Hilton


I can remember vividly, some years ago, each time I look at my writing schedule for the day - I be like, 'I'm tired', 'I'll do this later'. But guess what? Something keeps ringing in my mind: 'Virtuous, you've got to do it now'. And you know what? Listening to that voice has been helpful! My readers visit, see contents and they're glad, plus that it positions me as the Digital Journalist that I am.


If you're serious about success, you should be serious about taking action as well. Your level of success is determined by the extent to which you permit yourself to act. Action is the elevator to one's destiny. Knowledge will never take you there. Unless you act, you are paralyzed from walking into the glory you most desire.


The one thing common among average people is; should they make mistake, they don't see it as a learning experience, but rather as the reason to quit. But wait a minute! Don't you know quitting wouldn't allow you achieve what you yearn to have?


In the race to success, quitting over one's mistake is the lane average players love - you must choose to keep on moving. Resolve today to keep moving, knowing fully well that quitting is never the best bet to get what you want.



          • Making Time Your Ally



"Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin" -  Albanian-Indian Roman Catholic Nun, Mother Teresa


You have only today! The key information you have to grasp is that each day is measured in time - we call 24-hour time one day. The most important truth you have to understand for your success is knowing that, each day is an opportunity for you to work on achieving your goal, take action and become a success.


Time will never be enough for you. You're the one to make it sufficient for your dreams. I can hear someone saying, 'Virtuous, I bet you're in the dark about my situation - I have dozens of activities that use up my time so that I don't have time for what I love'.


You have to quit doing things that don't contribute to your goal - quit being remorseful over telling a friend No. Say, a friend invited you to go to a party and you turned down his offer - that shouldn't make you feel bad. If you do not make good use of your today, your tomorrow will bring back those unpleasant experiences you regretted having yesterday. Today can help you change your story for good.



          • ...Please, Get Up!



"Doing nothing gets you nothing" - Web Developer, Sean Reichle


The old computer adage, 'Gabbage in gabbage out' still holds very true. Say, you opened a bank account, used the little money in it to get an ATM card. After one year you went to the bank, hoping to withdraw a huge amount of money. Will that person's desire be met? I bet it's not possible.


It is the mentality of the poor to do nothing, but expecting to get something. If you're not working, it's a cinch you're 'rusting away' your life. Doing something for people, makes people hold you in high esteem. Your worth in people's eye is directly proportional to the valuable activities they see you doing - the question is, can they see you if you're not doing anything? 


I have made it a point to always work (doing something). If you're not working, you are dying. Some persons have long died in uselessness to society before they'll give up the ghost literally. The mark of every successful person is doing something that improves the life of his fellow human being.

As I walk around the streets of my state [Yenagoa], start a chat with people (as a way of carrying out research), the one thing I discovered is that average folks do nothing at all or at best what they indulge in is usually of little value to society. Doing gives you a chance to succeed, but doing the useful makes your success a reality.



          • The Future Is Now!



"You don't have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great" - American Author, Joe Sabah


When I started out in my writing career, I could barely write a 1,000-word article. What day I write up to that amount, I feel elated and be like, 'Great, you just  climbed your Mount Everest!'. The one truth you have to grasp is, you become great by doing. It is in taking action that you become the great man you've always yearned to be.


Say, I don't force myself to write what time I feel like I shouldn't write. Do you think I'd be the respected writer in my city that I am today? Your inaction explains why people wouldn't respect you. If you would act on your career goals, your life will get better, hence they'll start revering you. You become great by doing what the great does, conversely, you become nothing by chosing to do nothing. Your only chance at life to become a celebrated figure, is to make a decision today - that you'll always take action.


Nothing defeats a man at life like his inaction. The mark of a victor is being able to compel one's self to act. Don't be afraid to start small. For in every small steps you take, you are getting closer to greatness.


          • The Making Of Your Story



"An idea not coupled with action will never get any bigger than the brain cell it occupied" - American Humorist, Arnold Glasow


At this juncture, it is important you realize that the making of your story begins by taking action. If you are too weak to take action on your idea, you're too weak to succeed. A few years ago, I had the desire to talk on radio - but I had no connection with anyone in the broadcast industry, hence I asked myself, 'How do I achieve this goal of mine?' Guess what happened? Not until I took action and walked to the broadcasting corporation, nothing happened.


Although as I write this article I am yet to be employed as a staff in any media outlet - goodnews is, my voice is heard on radio - and very soon I'd become a staff. Your dreams will only become a reality when you choose to act on them. Choose to make your idea bigger than the brain cell it occupies! What way to make that happen if not through action.


Perhaps the most bitter truth you'll hear is that, your idea is not as important as your action. Choose to give life to your ideas. Choose to give hope to others by acting on your ideas. The winner in life is not the man with vast knowledge, but the man with ample action. Taking action will save you from poverty, mediocrity and demotion. To delay taking action is to risk failure. Nothing secures/protects like action. Action is the most hefty security personnel required to stay protected for success.


Finally, the only path to success is action. Like Spanish Painter, Pablo Picasso would say, 'Action is the foundational key to all success'. What this means is, if you're looking to succeed in life without taking action, you're like a man who wants to build a house without laying foundation. Is his dream feasible? Heck No!!!


Yours can't be any different! Success becomes an impossibility without action.


Learn more from my new ebook about failing forward to success as you take action Turn your mistakes into asset. Learn the techniques to make that happen from Poko Virtuous' new e-book 'Failures Nuggets'


Comments