The Life Of Secular Music Sensation, Emme Mic

Up and coming sensational singer, Michael Emmanuel Cubana (aka Emme Mic) in an exclusive interview with PokoVirtuousBlog shares his story as an up and coming artist.

The Uyo-Bayelsa based artist, disclosed that while the majority of artist sees challenges, his has been a plethora of opportunities.
Tell Us, How Did You Get Into Music?

Okay, I began my music career when I was a child. It all began at my hometown - Etinan Local Government Area in Akwa Ibom. Although I've been doing music at a very youthful age, I only started professionally this year. 

My parent's lifestyle does inspires me into music, little wonder the majority of my lyrics focuses on self-actualization.

• Many Artist Complain About Bayelsa's Entertainment Sector, Are You Facing Any Challenge In The Music Industry Here?

Hmmm, this is a serious question, I know life is repleted with challenges and tough time and being in Bayelsa makes it especially difficult, because of it's nascent entertainment industry, but in all I've learnt to see opportunities so that it's been all glamour for me. 

I've also learnt to get myself invited  to shows. My first stage performance was at a show, 'A Day To Remember' I also create platform for myself by hosting shows.

• Who Inspires You Careerwise And How Many Albums Do You Have Under Your Belt?

I've always admire great artist like, M.I. Abaga, Tu-Baba and Eminem - their genre of music touches the heart. So far, I've released several singles, the most recent one is 'Mama' recorded last month. Am working on releasing an album soon.

• What's Your Advice To The Youths Out There?

I want every youth to know that, if they can pursue their dream, they can achieve it.

To every up and coming artist, I say, believe in yourself - there is no height you can't attain.

Comments